The other day I had to research some dates on the blog. Again I came to the realization that not blogging for our family was going to be a heartbreaking regret later in life. So I am starting again, hopefully. I don't think I will try to play catch up, but I might. Here's the weekend
Friday Mike left for a week in Australia. He will be in Brisbane all week. He arrived yesterday and was sending beautiful pictures all of yesterday evening. Ellyn has my phone now but maybe I'll get some on here.
Friday night Sawyer had his first soccer practice of the Spring season. His friend Braden is on his team and he has the same coach he had this fall so he is super happy. Sadie had a birthday party up on post at the skating rink. Sadie has skated twice in her life. She was falling all over the place and having a great time. She did come home with monkey bumps on her elbow and knee and a couple dozen bruises everywhere else. She was very concerned that they would get hit during her soccer game.
I don't know what I would've done this weekend without Jane driving. We divided and conquered. I took Ellyn to swim on Saturday morning, she took Sawyer to soccer. She stayed home with Sawyer and Ellyn during Sadie's soccer game and Sadie and I went out and braved slushy rain and gusting winds.
What you cannot see in this picture of the Green Tigers is that it is pouring and the wind is blowing and it is freezing. Nope, all you can see is a bunch of cute, smiling girls having a blast. Sadie played a really nice game yesterday. Her coach even came over and complimented her at the end of the game. She started rough but by second half she was in the groove and made some excellent passes.

Meagan and Cory and the kids stayed with us Friday night. They got in at about 9:30. Bennett had soccer games in Redmond on Saturday. So Meags and I woke up at 5:30 Saturday morning for a great 10 mile run and then came home, showered, and raced out the door in different directions. They came back at about 8:30 last night, we all ate ice cream and watched a movie and then they left. Brief but fun.
Ellyn didn't love swim yesterday. She cried the whole time. I don't know why, she usually loves swim. She has done the crying thing one time before so it wasn't a totally new thing. She has a little cold, so maybe...
Ellie let me read 3 books to her yesterday. This is huge. She normally doesn't sit through one. Pretty thrilling.
Okay, time to get ready for church. I'm not going to kill myself doing this or it will never happen. Blog out.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Friday Mike left for a week in Australia. He will be in Brisbane all week. He arrived yesterday and was sending beautiful pictures all of yesterday evening. Ellyn has my phone now but maybe I'll get some on here.
Friday night Sawyer had his first soccer practice of the Spring season. His friend Braden is on his team and he has the same coach he had this fall so he is super happy. Sadie had a birthday party up on post at the skating rink. Sadie has skated twice in her life. She was falling all over the place and having a great time. She did come home with monkey bumps on her elbow and knee and a couple dozen bruises everywhere else. She was very concerned that they would get hit during her soccer game.
I don't know what I would've done this weekend without Jane driving. We divided and conquered. I took Ellyn to swim on Saturday morning, she took Sawyer to soccer. She stayed home with Sawyer and Ellyn during Sadie's soccer game and Sadie and I went out and braved slushy rain and gusting winds.
What you cannot see in this picture of the Green Tigers is that it is pouring and the wind is blowing and it is freezing. Nope, all you can see is a bunch of cute, smiling girls having a blast. Sadie played a really nice game yesterday. Her coach even came over and complimented her at the end of the game. She started rough but by second half she was in the groove and made some excellent passes.

Ellyn didn't love swim yesterday. She cried the whole time. I don't know why, she usually loves swim. She has done the crying thing one time before so it wasn't a totally new thing. She has a little cold, so maybe...
Ellie let me read 3 books to her yesterday. This is huge. She normally doesn't sit through one. Pretty thrilling.
Okay, time to get ready for church. I'm not going to kill myself doing this or it will never happen. Blog out.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments