Skip to main content

The Weekend

Saturday morning was Mormon Helping Hands. Mike was in charge of the project for the two Monterey Wards. Jane had a major play rehearsal, Sawyer and Ellie had a babysitter since Mike and I were going to be busy coordinating everyone, that left Sadie on her own helping with her two well gloved hands.





Yes, she was adorable and actually worked very hard. I can't quite hide my astonishment. The project went really well. We had beautiful weather and Mike had everything very well organized.






I came home and went to a baby shower with all of my favorite people, ate delicious food, relaxed, and then came home so that we could go pick up Mike's bib number for the Big Sur Marathon.

Mike, Sawyer, Sadie, Ellyn and I walked a few blocks through downtown Monterey and visited the fitness expo, collected Mike's
stuff, and then we made a little trip to Trader Joe's so Mike could pick out what he wanted to eat after his marathon.






This is Mike and Jason at 5:30am. The marathon was a down and back this year because of a road washout so there was nowhere to cheer along the route. I realized as I was driving down to the finish line that Mike had completely over estimated how long it would take him and that I was going to miss the finish. Sure enough, right at the corner by the Finish Line my phone rang. It was my friend Jenny's phone and I knew she had done the relay. It was Mike, he was done. He finished a much harder, very hilly course, on a hot day almost a full half hour faster than our St. George Marathon. I'm so proud of him- and a little jealous. I was bummed not to see his actual finish. He didn't care. He was just happy to be done. I picked him up, he came home, showered, and left for church with us a half an hour later. Crazy! Yeah, my husband is awesome! As a side note both the Bishop's counselors were gone so he asked Mike to sit on the stand. He didn't look it but Mike said he was dying he was so hot and his leg was locking up:-). Maybe punishment for running on Sunday.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Mom/Barb said…
Can you put this on our blog? ;~)

Popular posts from this blog

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...

Fun weeks!!!

These past two weeks- three weeks have been quite fun. Up till now school has been really hard. With friends and work. This Jenna that I beleive has already been mentioned is really mean to me. We were best friends one day and the next she had made friends with a drama causer/ bad influence and completely dumped me. It's stupid and I really do try to ignore it but it is more than I can handle. Now I'm lonely in school(because we together had a small group of friends) . I have one other friend so that is good. I hope everything straightens out because she is still being rude to me. Tomorrow is flute auditions. I hope that goes well and I also hope I get my braces off tomorrow. Lots of HOPE. Right now I am watching American Idol with my wonderful family who is the best friend I'll always have. I love taking care of my little siblings. They are always so fun and make me so happy. My mom tries so hard to be a an amazing mother and I appreciate her so much. She is my best friend...

Almost a week already?

I swear I just wrote and yet it is two hours away from Wednesday again. You know sometimes I like to pretend that no one reads my blog and I just ignore the fact that I have anyone reading and then sometimes I just want to write directly to my family and friends that read the blog. I'm fickle like that I guess. This past weekend just seemed really great to me. Friday I felt really ill, just a bad cold but I chose to just stay down for the day and try to recover (cold mostly gone in 3 days by the way)so Friday night we did a pizza night. Aunt Jackie, I'm having the same problem with Fit for Life. I keep expanding my free days and also I am eating way out of control on the free day. A binge if you will. I need to rein in again. Superbowl Sunday and Valentine's Day did not help at all! Which brings me back to pizza night. I saw an ad for $10 pizzas from Pizza Hut. Domino's pizza- fine. Papa John's- I can pass, but when I saw that Pizza Hut special I had to ...