A few Sundays ago Sawyer was being way too loud with his action figures during sacrament meeting. I looked down and told him he needed to be quiet. He looked at me with a very serious and earnest face and exclaimed in a very loud whisper "it's not me, Buzz Lightyear did it, mom!" Yesterday Sawyer came running in to the kitchen and told me he waited too long and had wet his underwear (this almost never happens). I asked him how wet they were and he held up five fingers and said "they're 8 wet mom, 8 wet."
Today Sadie got in the van and said "Mom, I am not making this up and there is something I really need to talk to you about."
"Okay," I said. "What is it?" I was a teensy bit worried.
"A boy in my class asked me out on a date."
"He did? What did you say?"
"I said I can't. Try back in 8 years and when you've joined my religion."
We had a little talk about thanking the boy, giving him a little compliment, saying that you aren't allowed, and at this point maybe not mentioning the religion aspect to some poor little third grade boy. I am proud of her though, Sadie's a good kid.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Today Sadie got in the van and said "Mom, I am not making this up and there is something I really need to talk to you about."
"Okay," I said. "What is it?" I was a teensy bit worried.
"A boy in my class asked me out on a date."
"He did? What did you say?"
"I said I can't. Try back in 8 years and when you've joined my religion."
We had a little talk about thanking the boy, giving him a little compliment, saying that you aren't allowed, and at this point maybe not mentioning the religion aspect to some poor little third grade boy. I am proud of her though, Sadie's a good kid.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments